Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Review of Foundation, by Mercedes Lackey

  Foundation, by Mercedes Lackey, is the first book in the Collegium Chronicles.  Mags is no more than a slave at Master Cole Pieters mine in Valdemar.  This is the story of how he is rescued from his life of slavery, and brought into the world of Heralds.  He meets Herald Jakyr as the Herald who frees him from the mine.  His new Companion,  Dallen, had called for help in retrieving Mags from the mine.

   I have been reading Mercedes Lackey books almost for as long as she has been writing them.  This one did not let me down. The world of Valdemar, with its magical  and imaginative people, has always fascinated me.  I am almost positive that most girls who have read the Valdemar series had at least one point in time wanted to live in this world.  After all, who wouldn't?  Magical horses, known as Companions, who talk to you really are 'Companions'.

  If you are looking for a great read, check out  Foundation: Book One of the Collegium Chronicles (A Valdemar Novel)

  My link goes to the kindle version, but they also have it in paperback hardcover, and audio.  If you have read this book and liked it, or even if you didn't, leave me a message telling me your thoughts.  I would also appreciate information about any other books in this genre that you think I would enjoy.

 



   

1 comment: